Fastenal’s National Account Department serves our largest customers like they are an extension of our own supply chain. We leverage our purchasing, distribution, logistics and vendor managed inventory solutions to create a lean environment that reduces total cost of ownership and drives documented cost savings.
With nearly 2,700 locations and counting, Fastenal is the largest store-based industrial supply distributor in North America. What many people don’t know is that these stores were not established as part of a national retail merchandising model. Rather, they are the natural evolution of Fastenal’s organic growth – the effect of driving deeper and deeper into the service of Fortune 500 corporations and other national account customers whose service needs necessitated local store locations across the country. The result: today we’re able to provide local service to virtually every current or potential customer site on the continent.
Unique to Fastenal is the desire to customize local inventory (at the store and, by extension, via vending and vendor managed solutions) to leverage Fastenal’s powerhouse procurement and distribution systems to our customers’ competitive advantage. Same-day delivery combined with committed local employees is how we serve our national account customers better than the competition.
- Single Point of Contact
- Consistent Pricing on high-use items
- Wholesale Discount Structure for catalog Items
- Executive Quarterly Business Review Reporting
- Global Sourcing on Special/Non-Catalog Items available and strongly supported - 200+ sourcing, QC and logistics specialists in Asia and Europe
- Cost Savings program for reduced total cost of ownership
- 24/7 Online Ordering at www.fastenal.com
- Emergency/After Hours Service available at the local branch level
- Thousands of Approved Vendors providing opportunities for brand equivalent brand conversions
National Account Solutions
- Fastenal Automated Supply Technology - reduce consumption, increase productivity & automate ordering
- Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) - reduce total costs, increase productivity, and avoid critical stock-outs
- Custom Manufactured Items – we make the unavailable part available
- Industrial Services - Tool & Hoist Repair & Certification, Cutting Tool Regrind/Sharpening, Custom Chain Sling Fabrication & Inspection
- Process Mapping / Blue Belt Program - performed to identify, document, and sustain further cost savings and efficiencies
- Engineering and Design Support - team of degreed engineers and lab technicians can provide the information and expertise you need to make the best possible fastener selection, usage, and design decisions
- Trained Specialists - in the areas of Safety, Metalworking & Manufacturing and Lean Implementation
- Annual High Moving SKU Analysis - drive manufacturer deviated/special pricing
- Continuous Improvement Plan - establishes and drives corporate and site annual goals
- Quality Control - customer specific programs
- e-Commerce - lower administration costs and improve transaction speed, accuracy, and visibility
Reach out to us today by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.