Before & After
6S is NOT
- An isolated spring cleaning event
- Removing only the things that are no longer used
- Rearranging the same items in a neater way
- Taking items from one location to another
- A memo or e-mail stating that a 6S audit will be executed shortly
- A big, one-time event due to the visit of an important client
- A methodology, in itself, leading to world class performance
"Most people would rather live with a problem they can't solve, than accept a solution they can't understand."
-R.E.D. Woolsey and H.S. Swanson
Six Sigma (6S) is a method used to create and maintain a clean, orderly, and safe work environment. 6S is often the first method companies implement in the Lean journey, since it serves as the foundation of future continuous improvement efforts.
Need help with your Lean Processes? Contact the Lean Team