Disaster Supplies Kit
- Hearing Protection
- Hand Protection
- Head Protection
- Rain Jackets & Suits
- High Visibility Garments
- Eye Protection
- First Aid & Emergency Products
- Hydration Products
When it comes to power outages, the question isn't "if?" but rather "when?" Don't get caught in the dark -- work with Fastenal to prepare ahead of time, so you can minimize downtime and damage when the lights go out.
Contact your local store to learn more about Fastenal's available emergency services.
Planning, Preparing & Responding
Whether you are planning, preparing or responding to a power outage, Fastenal has you covered.
Before the Outage
- Create and communicate an evacuation/emergency plan.
- Use surge protectors to protect critical equipment.
- Back up important files.
- Install emergency backup lighting and signage.
- Have backup power sources in place for critical systems -- only use generators outdoors to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Make sure carbon monoxide detectors are installed and functional.
- Stock and organize fuses for easy identification
- Stock up on emergency essentials like water, first aid supplies, flashlights and batteries.
During and After the Outage
- Disconnect equipment to prevent electrical overload when power is restored.
- Leave one light source on to indicate when power returns.
- Let your key customers and suppliers know about your situation -- keep a list of contacts handy.
- Power up equipment sequentially, starting with the most essential systems.
- Shut down and refuel backup sources when power is restored.
Stay in Business
- Assemble a Kit
- Make a Plan
- Stay Informed
Establish a safe room, escape routes and meeting places. Keep emergency phone numbers on hand and designate someone to communicate with employees, customers and suppliers.