A2LA Accredited Calibration & Lab Testing
In addition to providing QC testing for Fastenal products, our in-house A2LA accredited lab is equipped to provide our customers with complete mechanical and chemical fastener analysis. Product testing is conducted to internationally recognized standards (including ASTM, SAE, ASME, ISO, and DIN) as well as customer required specifications.
Laboratory Equipment and Services
- 200,000 lb. Tensile Tester - Testing of externally threaded fasteners for tensile, proof load, and yield strengths; testing of internally threaded fasteners for proof loads
- Rockwell Hardness Testers - Testing Rockwell hardness in the B and C scales, as well as surface hardness on the 30N scale
- Micro-Hardness Tester - Hardness testing using the Vickers scale
- Skidmore-Wilhelm - Measures the clamp force created by an externally threaded fastener when tightened
- Spectrometer - Chemical analysis for iron, nickel, aluminum, copper, and titanium based materials
- Portable XRF - Rapid alloy identification, PMI (positive material identification)
- Metallographic Microscope - Analysis of grain structures and boundaries on raw material and finished product
- Non-Destructive Testing - Magnetic particle (AC/DC) and liquid penetrant testing inspections to identify cracks above and below the surface.
- Drive Test Plates, Torsional Collets, and Ductility Blocks - Performance testing for thread cutting and thread rolling screws
- Drill Drive Tester - Drill-drive performance testing for self-drilling and tapping screws
- Corrosion Test Chamber - Salt spray (fog) testing per ASTM B117
- Charpy Impact Machine - Impact testing up to 264 ft.-lbs. with a temperature range of +410°F to -202°F.
- CMM (Coordinate Measuring Machine) - Precise measurements of angles, concentricity, roundness, diameter of holes, distance of points, etc.
- Optical Comparator - Dimensional inspection of linear measurements, angles, thread profiles, and radii
- Laser Lab - 3-D laser inspection system accurately measures diameters, lengths, tapers, straightness, concentricity and threads to print with exact measurements every time
- Dimensional Inspection - Utilizing ring and plug, variable thread, length, and protrusion gages, calipers, micrometers, and pitch micrometers
- Additional Equipment - Profilometer, MicTrac, Elongation Gage, Torque Wrenches, Gage Block Set
To learn more or request service, contact your local store or use the request form below.